With around 35 million “digital nomads” worldwide and a global legal uncertainty about teleworking, more and more countries are offering visas dedicated to these tourists – workers.
Costa Rica was one of the first countries to offer something in to that effect, but the law was only approved this week by the government.
This visa, in addition to being a financial windfall for the country, will allow its holder to reside and work in Costa Rica for one year (renewable for an additional year).
Criterias are as follows:
- Demonstrate regular financial income (3000USD per month, 4000USD in case of accompanying family)
- This income must come from countries outside Costa Rica.
- Hold health insurance covering the stay in the country
- Ease of obtaining: the application is made online and the visa is obtained in 15/20 days
- No local taxes
- Ability to open a bank account and drive with your current license
Point of attention: this visa is not a work permit – it does not authorize you to work for a company established in Costa Rica, for example.
Get ready for Pura Vida! For any questions about this digital visa / any other immigration procedure, contact us 😊