On the 1st May 2023, the French monthly minimum wage will increase by 2.19%. This revaluation follows in particular the consumer price index, and occurs when it exceeds 2% per year – since 2019, the amount of the SMIC has increased by more than 12%.
What is the impact on foreign employees’ recruitment?
What is the new amount?
- Gross hourly amount: 11.52€
- Gross monthly amount: 1747,24€
- Net monthly amount: 1383,09€
May 2023: French minimal wage raise
Which immigration processes are impacted?
- Title “Job search – business creation”: 2620, 84 (Smic X1,5)
- Talent passport – employee on mission: 3145,032 (Smic X1,8)
- Talent passport – qualified employee: 2948.48 (Smic X2)
- Talent Passport – young innovative company: 2948.48 (Smic X2)
What needs to be done?
1. Making sure that the files that are about to be filed with the authorities meet these new salary conditions;
2. Making sure that the annual salary of your employees is at the required level;
3. Making sure that the permits expiring soon and subject to renewal meet the new salary conditions.
If you have any questions, please contact us! firstname.lastname@example.org